MIDC Technology Sdn Bhd (“MIDC”) is committed to ensuring that your personal data are protected. This Notice is issued pursuant to the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (“the Act”) and its regulations. This Notice describes how MIDC processes (which means amongst others, collecting, recording, holding or storing) your personal data, the purpose of our processing of your personal data, the third parties whom MIDC may transfer your personal data to, of your rights to request access and correction to your personal data, how you can contact us if you have any enquiries, complaints or if you prefer to limit use of that personal data and procedures that we have in place to safeguard your personal data.
2. Collection of Personal Data
In the course of your dealings with MIDC, we may collect and/or you and/or a third party may have provided data and information about yourself (“personal data”) to MIDC. Such personal data may have been provided to MIDC when you visit, browse or access to our website (where cookies are used), register or subscribe to be our clients, use our Products and/or Services, and/or in the course of your dealings with us whether as a supplier, seller, service provider to MIDC or otherwise or through any other means of communication between you and MIDC. The processing of your personal data is necessary in order for us to perform any of our contractual obligations owing to you and/or a third party.
3. Personal Data Collected
Personal data refers to any information that relates directly or indirectly to an individual, who is identified or identifiable from that information or from that and other information in the possession of MIDC, and may include any sensitive personal data, such as physical or mental health or condition of an individual, his political opinions, religious beliefs, the commission alleged commission of any offnce or expression of opinion about the individual.
The types of personal data that we collect may include, but is not limited to your name, address, other contact details, age, occupation, marital status, financial information such as your income, income tax particulars, number and copy of identity card or passport, place of birth, credit history and transaction history.
4. Purposes for processing your personal data
MIDC will use your personal data for the following purposes including but not limited to:
- maintaining and updating MIDC’s invoicing database, sending out of bills and receipts, collecting of payments from you and/or for administrative purposes.
- processing your application for any of our products and services.
- verifying your financial standing through credit reference checks.
- managing and maintaining your account and facility.
- evaluating your financial needs and continuing with the performance of our contractual obligations to you.
- responding to your inquiries and/or complaints and resolving any disputes.
- for internal functions such as evaluating the effectiveness of our marketing activities, conducting market research, statistical analysis and modelling, reporting, audit and risk management and prevention of fraud.
5. Sources of personal data
MIDC may obtain your personal data from the following sources including but not limited to the following:
- When you create an account on MIDC website.
- When you apply for, subscribe to or otherwise use any of our products and services.
- When you conduct a transaction in respect of our products and services on MIDC website.
- When you activate or use any payment-related services available on MIDC website or provided by our third party service providers.
- When you interact with MIDC through various methods such as application forms, emails and letters, telephone calls and conversations you have with our staff in a branch or via external services or applications provided by third parties including but not limited to Facebook, Instagram, etc. If you contact us or if we contact you using telephone, we may monitor or record the phone call for quality assurance, training and security purposes.
- From our analysis of your transactions.
- When you participate in customer surveys or register for any of our competitions or promotions.
- Upon entering into any commercial transactions with MIDC including but not limited to you providing goods and/or services or your professional services.
- Obtain any data and information from third parties.
- From publicly available sources.
IP (“Internet Protocol “) Address
An IP address is a number automatically assigned to your computer when you signed up with an Internet service provider. When you visit our website, your IP address will automatically logged in our server. We will use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our server, and to administer our website. From your IP address, we may identify the general geographic area from which you are accessing our website. Generally we do not link your IP address to anything that can enable us to identify you unless it is required by law and regulation.
6. Disclosure of personal data
Your personal data held by us shall be kept confidential. You hereby consent to the processing of your personal data by MIDC for the purposes set out in clause 4 above. We may disclose your personal data in order to provide you with an effective and continuous products and services; and to comply with any legal and regulatory requirements. MIDC may disclose your personal data to the following including but not limited to:
- Entities within MIDC and/or any subsidiaries or companies associated with MIDC, including those located outside Malaysia and/or those established in the future.
- Credit reference and/or reporting agencies.
- Our agents and service providers with whom we have contractual agreements for some of our functions, services and activities.
- Our auditors, consultants, accountants, lawyers or other financial or professional advisers, service providers.
- Our merchants and strategic partners.
- Parties authorized by you.
- Enforcement regulatory and governmental agencies as permitted or required by law, authorized by any order of court or to meet obligations to regulatory authorities.
7. Security of personal data
MIDC is committed in safeguarding your Personal Data stored securely in our databases and in our offices. We trust that you are aware that no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is completely secure. We strive to protect the security of your personal data and use strict procedures and security features to prevent data loss, misuse, unauthorised access and unauthorized disclosure and alteration to your personal data wherever possible. If we need to disclose any of your personal data to the authorized agents or service providers, they will be required to appropriately safeguard the said personal data.
If you do not wish for your Personal Data to be collected via cookies on our website, you may deactivate the cookies. Please refer to your browser documentation to check if cookies have been enabled on your computer or to request not to receive cookies.
9. Transfer of Personal Data
The processing of your data may involve the transfer of your personal data to places outside of Malaysia. By providing us your personal data you agree to such transfer where it is required in order to provide the products and services you have requested, and for the performance of any contractual obligations that you have with MIDC including for storage purposes.
10. Marketing and promotional purposes
Upon subscribing to our products and services, you will be receiving marketing and/or promotional emails or calls from us, which includes monthly promotions and information on future events which we may share your personal data with other entities within MIDC, our agents or strategic partners and other third parties (“other entities”) as MIDC deems fit.
You may receive marketing communication from us or from these other entities about products and services that may be of interest to you.
If you no longer wish to receive these marketing communications, please notify us to withdraw your consent and we will stop processing and sharing your personal data with these other entities for the purpose of sending you marketing communications. You may contact us using the contact details found below.
Please be aware that once we receive confirmation that you wish to withdraw your consent for marketing or promotional materials/communication, it may take up to fourteen (14) business days for your withdrawal to be effected in our systems. Therefore, you may still receive marketing or promotional materials/communication during this period of time. Please note that even if you opt out from receiving marketing or promotional materials, MIDC may still contact you for other purposes in relation to the accounts, facilities or services that you hold or have subscribed to with MIDC.
11. Data subject’s obligations
It is necessary for MIDC to collect and to retain your personal data. Therefore, it is also obligatory for you to supply your personal data to us in the most accurate manner. If you do not provide us with your personal data, we are unable to, process your personal data on your behalf, for the purposes set out in clause 4 above, or effectively render our services to you, and all relationships created or to be created between us shall then be terminated and ceased to be in effect immediately.
We will only retain your personal data for as long as it is necessary to fulfil the purpose(s) for which it was collected or to comply with legal, regulatory and internal requirements. Afterwards we will destruct or permanently delete your data.
12. The rights of data subject
i. To request access to personal data
- You have the right to request for access to your personal data processed by us with reasonable notice. You may send your request via an email to us.
ii. To request correction of personal data
- You have the rights to request for correction and/or update of your personal data that is inaccurate, incomplete or outdated. Correction requests can be made via an email to us.
iii. To limit processing of your personal data
- You are entitled to limit our processing of your personal data by expressly withdrawing the consent given previously, in each case, including for direct marketing purposes subject to any applicable legal restrictions, contractual conditions and within a reasonable time period.
We will use reasonable efforts to comply with your request to access, update or correct or limit processing of your personal data within 21 days of receiving your request and such request may be subject to a fee and will be bound by data protection laws in Malaysia.
We reserve the right to amend this Notice from time to time without prior notice. You are advised to check our website in order to view the latest update to this Notice on a regular basis. Unless you contact MIDC with regard to the same (MIDC’s contact details are provided at clause 15 below), you will be deemed to have accepted the updated version of this Notice. Should there be any inconsistencies between the English and the Malay version of this Notice, the English version of this Notice shall prevail.
14. Kindly view our Privacy Notice on our website. Acknowledgement and Consent
You acknowledge that you have read and understood this Notice, agree and consent to the use, processing, disclosure and transfer of your personal data by MIDC as described in this Notice. You can withdraw your consent by sending an email to us at any time.
If you have questions, comments, concerns or feedback regarding this Notice or any other privacy concern, you may send an email to email@example.com.
Updated 30 November 2021